When a child finds a book that makes them happy and/or they are engaged, they become a reader.
Librarians provide personalized service in order to find the happy match.
If you don't have a librarian on site, having the right books on the shelves is the next best thing.
My services enable you to customize the books on your shelves to create the right match for you and your readers - even if they aren't readers yet!
Book lists are a place to start, but a book list will always have books that aren't an exact match.
For customization for your exact needs, contact me for more information.
The books on any shelf are ideally a result and reflection of:
• your selection criteria,
• goals of your institution,
• collection development plan,
• other factors: perhaps these policies would also be in alignment with National American Library Association and American Correctional Association goals (Library Standards for Juvenile Correctional Facilities).
• staff buy-in as to purpose and benefit of library
• purpose of library books e.g. to increase literacy? or something else?
I am committed to creating sustainable library services for youth.